Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just "Manking" it to the Streets

One of my best strategies while solo:  ice, missile, kite lightning (on the fly), missile, fire, burst, swing, repeat or use next available skill.  That's how I've been offin them critters now.  Should they have more health to off at the first burst, not only will I repeat, but also try to tank.  That is, making sure I'm stocked enough on potions, stones and ammo.

Yep, I had this one quest to off 10 bone imps, 20 goblins, and 30 procks.  While I was in Vine Tomb huntin them procks up, the only way I can get their upper hand is to mank it to 'em.  I was readin on one blog or forum post that "mank" is just a contracted word for mage tank.  So, along with my usual combo, I made it fine.  The catch was that they're projectile creatures, so if I was to burst, I gotta close the gap with my strap and a second lightning en route and hit the burst, hoping it doesn't draw any other unwanted attention.  Long story short, I'm still about twenty levels from any real AOE spells like inferno or frost nova, but can still manage one at a time.

Once again, "go hurt/heal somethin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment